IELTS Speaking Question Type (2) Pesentation on Cuecard


NeoTips for presentation on cue card
Don't forget to make notes on the cue card. And speak based on the points given on the cue card. Speak more than 1 minute continuously without stopping. Speak English fluently with good vocabulary.
 
The Examiner:
That’s the end of part 1. Now, in Part Two, I am going to give you a topic and I want you to talk about it one to two minutes. I’d like you to describe a place you went on for a visit.


Describe a place you went on a visit.

You should include in your answer:

When you went on your journey
Why you went to this particular place
What did you do and with whom you went

And also explained why you enjoyed your journey or why not?


Before you speak, you have one minute to think about what you are going to say.

Candidate: Prepares the notes: 

1. Journey Place: 
Holland
2. When you went there? 
About 6 months ago in 2013.
3. Why you went to this particular place? 
Seen pictures of it and was inspired by the beauty.
4. What did you do and with whom you went?  
Visited small towns, walks, saw museums, did shipping etc. Went with my wife.
5. What you liked most?
Lots of different types people, good weather, great restaurants.

Examiner: You have a couple of minutes to speak. Don’t worry if I stop you.

Answer
“I would like to tell you about a journey I went on about six months last year. My wife and I took a trip to Holland. Both of us wanted to visit Amsterdam very much because we had seen pictures of this country and we were inspired by its beauty and further we had heard stories from friends about how wonderful and captivating Holland is. So finally we bought plane tickets, booked a hotel, packed our bags and our trip began.

We spent a lot of time before our holiday in research of all the interesting places to visit and all the sights to see. So we went to Amstell Beer museum, took a romantic sunset cruise in the water channels, drove to Volendam, a small prettiest fisherman village, visited a cheese farm. Every evening we took long walks along the channels, resting in small gardens, which Amsterdam has a lot of. Street artists were performing everywhere and a lot of people came to watch their show. Finally, we did some shopping. For example, I bought a pretty scarf for my wife and she bought me a beautiful cap that I loved so much.

What I liked most were two things: the weather that was so romantic and the people of Holland who were so friendly and sociable. We enjoyed very much everything we did and especially being together in such a beautiful country. Having my wife by my side on this trip made it even more fun.”
......................................................................

The Examiner:
That’s the end of part 1. Now, in Part Two, I am going to give you a topic and I want you to talk about it one to two minutes. I’d like you to describe some one who has had an important influence on your life.


Describe someone who has had an important influence on your life.

You should say:

  1. Who the person is
  2. How long you have known him/her
  3. What qualities this person has

Explain why they have had such an influence on you.


Before you speak, you have one minute to think about what you are going to say.

Candidate: Prepares the notes:

1. Person
My teacher

2. Who was she?
Her name, age, compared to other teachers

3. How long?
10 years.

4. What qualities.
Kind, humorous, taught well.

5. Why influence?
I was shy, Boosted my confidence and communication skills.

Examiner: You have a couple of minutes to speak. Don’t worry if I stop you.

Answer
The person I’m going to talk about today is my teacher from high school. (who) Her name was Miss Maria and she taught quite a few subjects at the school. She had been working there for quite a few years when I met her I think. (where) We met for the first time in my English class. (more about ‘who’) I remember this well because she was quite young compared to most of the other teachers in the school so I was surprised that she was a teacher. In fact she looked more like she could be one of the older students.

(How long) So I met her when I was 15, and that was 10 years ago. I don’t actually know her anymore as we lost contact soon after I left the school, but I still remember her very well for several reasons.(What qualities) Firstly, she was very kind. She always treated all the students very well in the class, and I can’t remember her ever shouting at anyone. Also, she had a really good sense of humor. She would make jokes in the class which most of the other teachers never did. The other teachers were very serious all the time. And she made the classes a lot of fun and very interesting, something that I think is very important otherwise you start getting bored. Oh, and also she explained things very well and very clearly. Often teachers are not able to do this in a way that students can understand, especially when it's a complicated subject.

So those are the qualities that she had. (why such an influence) The reason she had such an important influence on me is because I was quite a shy person at school and not very confident, but she helped me to change this. (tell a story) Each year, there was a school play that would be held in front of all the parents, and that year, when I was 15, Miss Maria was organizing and directing the play. I really didn't want to be in it because I was so shy, but Miss Maria insisted that I take one of the roles, and it was one of the main roles which meant that I would have to do a lot of speaking. I was so nervous. Anyway, I went ahead and did it, and on the night I did really well and really enjoyed it. And that really boosted my confidence and this has helped me to this day.

So my teacher Miss Maria is the person who has influenced my life and I will never forget her.

IELTS Live Training
No comments

No comments :

Post a Comment