Grammar: The English Tense System Chart








A: Here is a complete chart of the English Tense System.


Present
Past
Future

SIMPLE

do + verb (I) (Future: will + verb)
I do work.
I work.
I did work.
I worked
I will work.
I don’t  work.
I did not work.
I will not work.
Do I work?
Did I work?
Will I work?

SIMPLE PERFECT

have + past participle
I have worked.
I had worked.
I will have worked.
I haven’t worked.
I had not worked.
I will not have worked.
Have I done?
Had I worked?
Will I have  done?

CONTINUOUS 
be + -in
I am working.
I was working.
I will be working.
I am not working?
I was not working.
I will not be working.
Am I doing?
Was I working?
Will I be working?

CONTINUOUS PERFECT 
have been +ing
I have been working.
I had been working.
I will have been working.
I haven’t been doing.
I had not been working.
I will not have been working.
Have I been working?
Had I been working?
Will I have been working?

NeoTip:
The correct answer is A because the subject of the sentence is singular. A singular noun subject takes singular verb. For example:
"The boy with his books is studying" is correct because the subject is the boy and it is singular but 'The boy with his books are studying' is incorrect.

Excercise 

Correct the following sentences.
1. It (not rain) now.
2. You (not eat apples).
3. I (can not) play piano.
4. The child (not play) outside.
5. She (not should) behave like that.
6. She (like) tea?
7. You (can speak) English ?
8. We (visit) the museum yesterday?
9. He (get) admission to college in July?
10. They already (apply) for the visa?
11. Why she (waste) her time?
12. When you (reach the station) yesterday?
13. Where he (go) at the moment?
14. It (not rain) this year?
15. You (not offer prayers)?
16. I (not tell the truth yet)?
17. Why you (not do your homework?)
18. What I (not eat) in the party last night?
19. She (not appear) in the exam next time?
20. They (not serve) you well?

https://neotrainings.blogspot.com/2018/08/english-live-training-by-sir-naeem.html
1 comment

1 comment :

  1. ANSWERS
    1. It IS NOT RAINING now.
    2. DO you NOT EAT APPLES?
    3. I CANNOT play piano.
    4. The child IS NOT PLAYING outside.
    5. She SHOULD NOT behave like that.
    6. DOES she LIKE tea?
    7. CAN you SPEAK English?
    8. DID we VISIT the museum yesterday?
    9. DID he GET admission to college in July?
    10. HAVE they already APPLIED for the visa?
    11. Why IS she WASTING her time?
    12. When did you REACH the station yesterday?
    13. Where IS he GOING at the moment?
    14. IS it NOT RAINING this year?
    15. DO you NOT OFFER prayers?
    16. HAVE I NOT TOLD THE TRUTH yet?
    17. Why ARE YOU NOT DOING your homework?
    18. What HAD I NOT EATEN in the party last night?
    19. IS she NOT APPEARING in the exam next time?
    20. DID they NOT SERVE you well?

    ReplyDelete